Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bad Brains Documentary

Bad Brains_teaser


I saw the original line up of Bad Brains at Irving Plaza back in November. I admit I am nowhere near any kind of expert on this band what so ever, but for me, there are two Bad Brains - the loud punkish band and then the laid back dub band. I prefer the green-laced tunes of the reggae sound Bad Brains produces. And I was fortunate enough to have seen this type of show. They played a two night engagement and from what I hear the other night was just the opposite, which was alright with me.

It was pretty cool to see them play the week of the 2008 election, not knowing during that first week in November how the next four years of the country would be. From stories I read, the election is one of the reasons the Washington, DC based band decided to play the three (which turned into four with the added NYC show) shows between NYC, Austin, and DC (which was an election night show).

If there was any right time to see the original line up of Bad Brains play, these were the shows to be at. How much more relevant could the shows have been at the crossroads the country was at with itself, it's citizens, and the rest of the world? Their logo of the lightning bolt crashing into the dome of the Capitol could not have had more energy behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment